The service takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes, depending on the type of the heat pump, as well as the condition that it is in.
The Heat Pump SOS includes:
- Log the serials numbers of the units being serviced
- Remove the covers or housing from the internal and external units
- Clean and disinfect the coils/fins on the internal and external units
- Inspect and clean the electrical boards for short-outs and/or insects on the internal and external units
- Inspect the fan scrolls and check for balancing issues on the internal and external units
- Flush out the condensate drain trays, and ensure adequate drainage by performing drainage testing
- Clean drainage pans
- Check and clear debris from the external unit (as often this will prevent drainage and lead to rusting)
- Clean the filters on the internal unit
- Inspect the insulation blanket on the external unit to check for dampness (which reduces its ability to insulate).
- Put the housing back on the internal and external units and wipe down
- Do performance testing & monitoring (achieving specific air temperatures within a given time frame)