The “Solar Whiz” is a solar-powered, high performance hot air extraction system for roofs to keep them cooler in summer, which in turn keeps your rooms cooler. Conventional roof ventilators (often called Whirly Birds or Gigs) rely on the air in the roof cavity heating up first before the hot updraught starts to spin the extraction mechanism. By this stage, it is too late – the hot air has already started to heat up your rooms.
With the Solar Whiz, it starts to extract air from the roof cavity as soon as sun shines on it. This means that the liveable parts of the house are not being affected by hot air. For homes that require ventilation for condensation-related issues, the solar-powered unit can be optionally linked to your electrical circuits to operate overnight.
- Cools your roof space before your home gets hot
- No running costs – solar powered!
- Reduces or eliminates the need for air-conditioning
- Can be ducted to extract air directly from rooms
- 10 year warranty on PV Cell, 2 years on other parts
- Multiple sizes/capacities available singularly for up to 300SQM roof spaces / 3000 cubic metres/hour
- Units often used in sequence to do the smallest house up to the largest factory
Is the heat “getting” to you? Are you spending a fortune on air conditioning, or is your home (or part of your home) uncomfortably hot during summer?
YOUR ROOF SPACE MAY BE THE REASON!
The whisper quiet “Solar Whiz” is designed and manufactured according to industry standards by an experienced motor and fan manufacturer with ISO 9001 accreditation to suit Australian Conditions.
It reduces the heat load on your ceiling by removing hot air from your roof space. Installing closable ceiling vents opening into the roof space allows the “Solar Whiz” to extract hot air directly from hot rooms – a feature especially useful in multistorey homes.
You may also via ducting connect the “Solar Whiz” directly to one or more areas to extract the hot or moist air directly from there.