From time to time, Ducted Air Circulation Systems require a preventative maintenance service to ensure smooth operation. Naturally-occurring dust within your home slowly builds up in the fan, inlets and outlets of the Ducted Air Circulation™ system, diminishing its performance. The fan needs to work harder, and the air circulation effect is diminished. Plus, sometimes the dust in the inlet can be aesthetically unpleasant, and the filtered inlet* in the roof cavity can become blocked, especially if moisture is entering the roof from bathrooms, kitchens or laundries .
* which you may or may not have depending on which modules were installed or available at the time.
To ensure that dust does not clog and unbalance the fan assembly (which can cause uneven wear on the bearings), it is thoroughly cleaned to prolong its life and to minimise vibrations and noise. Additionally, duct can accumulate in the air inlet and diffusers, and moths can become stuck in the filtered inlet leading from the outside ventilation duct (if applicable).
The standard Preventative Maintenance cost for a Ducted Air Circulation System includes:
- Cleaning of ceiling inlet and outlets
- Removal, cleaning and reinstatement of fan to remove excess dust.
- Check outlet air flow balancing
- Check ducting system integrity (connections, vermin damage, accidental alteration of ducting flow path etc)
- Check & clean eave/gable or roof cowl condensation module fly mesh and inlet.
- Check electrical connections.
- Check filter sock. If required (and with your consent), this will be replaced at an additional charge.